Dr Fulminare Bandijcat Noctule Bat

sidekickbooks

Sunday 19 May 2013

Sunday Review: Quite Frankly by Peter Hughes

posted by the Judge


Sunday, and for once I am PERFECTLY on time to post our review. Normally I either do it really late on a Saturday night (like, three or four a.m.) or just before midnight on Sunday night. But nah, check me out. Good timing.

More importantly, check out our Sunday review. This week Simon Turner takes on a work by Peter Hughes, a strange rendition of Petrarch that is part translation, part modern rewrite. The title is Quite Frankly: After Petrarch, Canzoniere 1-28. I'll admit that I was a bit skeptical when I read of the concept, but the review sold me over completely. It must be worth reading.

Incidentally, if you get the reason I put a Gone With The Wind pic as the poster for this review, then you either know your movies really well, or you're almost as old as Petrarch.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?