Dr Fulminare Bandijcat Noctule Bat

sidekickbooks

Tuesday 23 December 2014

A Sidekick Advent Calendar: Day 23

We kicked off the advent calendar with a Birdbook sample from the future. For our penultimate entry, then, a Birdbook sample from the past, and our very first volume. Tis the most Christmassy of birds, the fat old robin!

Poem by the ever-compelling Bethany Settle and artwork by the very talented Katherine Leedale.



Robin


The dark day I first
Grasped intuition
Robin
You were my reward
Lesson:
That which is needed
May be singing
To you
From several miles away
I learnt backwards,
Years later,
Now

Dipdipping
Chitchitchitting
You sung me
What is
Beneath skin, feathers
Atoms
So light - reboned, rescaled
I watched me from you
How hungry we both were

Now, years later,
We sing in all directions
We are the same,
Robin. Light,
Matter has dressed you in red,
But I can put it on
(And most days, do)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?