Dr Fulminare Bandijcat Noctule Bat

sidekickbooks

Sunday 11 December 2016

Sidevent Adkick Day 11: The (drag) Queen's Speech

At Christmas, it's time to sit down with our family and listen to the Queen. But as an Emmy-winning presenter once said, "We get to choose our families", and with that in mind, we're also choosing our own queen to deliver this year's speech.

In her own words, here's RuPaul:

All T

Hello hello hello ladies! The library is open.

I don’t want to hear any goddamn excuses.
Be prepared! Shake the dice and steal the rice.
Don’t be afraid to use all the colours
in the crayon box.

You have to use what you have to get what you want.
Anybody who can step out of the house
with a pair of heels
and some lipstick on their lips
is my hero. Yass Gawd.
You have earned the right to stomp and pummel
this particular piece of real estate.

You have overcome your inner saboteur.
(She done already done had herses.)
But don’t be fooled – all of this is cyclical.
I’ve seen the window open in my lifetime and I’ve seen it close.

Sissy that walk.
Shantay shantay shantay.
And don’t fuck it up.

It’s not the word itself, but the intention behind the word.
Anyone who says 'it’s an honor just to be nominated'
is one lying bitch.

My goal is to always come from a place of love
but sometimes
you just have to break it down for a motherfucker.

Make it work!
Make it work!
Fucking make it happen!
If you wanna be invited to the party, you must have something to bring.

All sins are forgiven once you start making a lot of money.
(You know, you said that last time)
I will not be ignored. I am here to stay.
Can I get an Amen in here?

Alright, I’m going to let you get back to work.
Oh, and one more thing.
You betta work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?